Polar Bear Winter Swimming Websites
Listing of U.S.Polar Bear Clubs Boulder, ColoradoIndianapolis, Indiana Huron, County Clear Lake, Iowa Polar Bear Clubs Around the World
Benefits of becoming a Polar Bear Member
1) Shocking the circulatory system can
produce a warm afterglow and a transcendental state that one
literally needs to experience to fully understand.
2) It is a spiritually uplifting ritual which can surpass any normal level of comprehension.
3) It can reduce wrinkles.
Drastic temperature changes and shivering skin actually exercise shallow
sub-cutaneous muscles that firm the skin.
4) You become part of history rooted in the European tradition of saunas and cold-water bathing.
5) Jumping in near-freezing water wearing little more than a pair of shorts takes a brave soul.
6) Participants build a sense of camaraderie and valued friendships that can last a lifetime.
7) It helps mentally by shortening the winter season and lifts bouts of depression.
8) It's a heck of lot cheaper and safer than walking on coals.
Page-Lake Powell Polar Bear Home Page
Jan 19, 2002 Event Summary F.A.Q. - Cold Water Swimming
2003 Press Release Entry Forms and Waiver
Photo Gallery - Cold Water Swimming Images from around the World
Polar Bear Club and Cold Water Swimming Links